Monday, August 29, 2011

Neal Polan Visit

TAST Members,

   Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.  I took a weekend off away from computers. 

I think everyone had an enjoyable meeting last Thursday with Neal Polan.   We had a good showing with Susan and Dale, Joycelyn, Paul, Faith with two kids and myself greeting Neal Poland and Linda Mikyska.  For those who do not know, Neal was touring Texas, talking to various DP groups, sharing his message about raising awareness of our forefathers, and looking at possible places to move.  Neal was responsible for developing the kit for the 4th of July seder Dennis was trying to encourage.  His enthusiasm for the the subject was refreshing.  His web site is celebrateourcountry.com where he has his kit for sale.  My impression was he is motivated by the message and not driven by making money.  From looking at the kit I can tell he is not making much profit. 

From his discussions of DP groups in California it sounds like the groups out there are not as homogeneous as ours and much larger.  The meet at peoples houses primarily.  It gives an opportunity to move the meeting around, and let people bring whatever they wish to share for food and drinks.  Often they break out in groups of various subjects.  I was wondering what others thought of this idea.  The number of people should not be a problem for most houses.  

Anybody have any additional thoughts?
-Carlton







No comments:

Post a Comment